Halong Cruise on Treasure Junk (1 night)A unique cruise to explore Halong's gorgeous sites and local life. The TREASURE, our traditional junk with modern facilities offers an overnight cruise….Read More
Halong Explorer and Kayak Discovery on Treasure Junk (2 nights)For the ones who want to explore Halong further and with a pronounced taste for active travel. Let's discover some of the quietest parts of the archipelago….Read More
Sapa Leisure and Trek (2 days)Sapa is the premier hill station in northern Vietnam and an incredible place for trekking lovers. This has been a crossroads for millennia for Vietnamese, Chinese, and a diverse array of minority...Read More
Overnight On Board The Mekong Eyes Cruise (2 days)The Mekong Eyes cruise offers the most luxurious chance to sleep peacefully aboard ship as you journey deep into the mighty delta. This is an opportunity unavailable to most visitors to the...Read More
Angkor Discovery with Floating Village (3 days)A visit to the temples of Angkor is a profound experience, as few sights on earth can match the immense majesty of Angkor Wat, the overgrowth of nature run amok at Ta Prohm, or the...Read More
Biking Through Laos (7 days)Vang Vieng is a stunning small riverside town and a traveller's paradise, you will take in some of the most spectacular scenery you're ever going to encounter, as this town is located at the foot of...Read More
Essentials of Vietnam (12 days)This trip brings you to the famed and iconic spots. However we promise an individual and memorable experience by adding healthy servings of creativity and panache. So to offer you the best...Read More
Vietnam Off The Beaten Path (14 days)This 14-day-package offers you the real hidden charm Vietnam! Let's prepare your backpack and ready to experience our beloved country in an exotic way: Northern with Moc Chau...Read More
• We concentrate on ensuring that our tours contain the very best elements of the region we’re traveling through, whether it’s a well known highlight or a tucked away hidden gem that few visitors get to see.
• We have a commitment to sustainability and the principles of responsible travel.
• We use our own fleet of high quality equipment. Our vehicles, kayaks, and mountain bikes are of international quality, ensuring safety and fun when you travel with us.• In addition to our standard tours, we can easily design customized tour packages according to your needs and interests. We will arrange private, custom tours for your group of any size, and can focus your tour on nature-based activities, village homestays, educational themes, or volunteer opportunities.
• Handspan is ISO 9001 certified for consistent quality assurance.
Since our founding, we have grown into a family of more than 70 members, and have earned our solid reputation by delivering quality hospitality service, by maintaining small group sizes, and by exploring new destinations off the standard tourist path - all while remaining true to the principles of responsible tourism.
We offer a variety of small group tours throughout Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, have multiple office locations throughout the region, and offer a range of travel services including private tours as well as bookings for hotels, airlines, and rail tickets.
We can also design customized tour packages according to your needs and interests. We will arrange private, custom tours for your group of any size, and can focus your tour on nature-based activities, village homestays, educational themes, or volunteer opportunities.
Handspan also offers you the chance to experience Vietnam in ways that ensure that your impacts on local environmental, social, and economic contexts are positive ones. Our expert knowledge about the places we visit and the local challenges they face, enables us to design and operate tours that promote a balance between the need for economic development and ecological preservation. We do this through working closely with local communities, partnerships with NGOs and development organizations, and ensuring our guides are highly trained in ecotourism principles
The concepts of responsible travel are growing in importance for more and more travelers, but they have been our guiding principles from the very beginning. This is a high priority for Handspan, and we employ staff to focus solely on these issues.
Tourism growth in the developing world has been impressive, but this too often results in damage to the ecologies and cultures that we all wish to see. Tourism can thus be a mixed blessing, and Handspan works alongside local communities in rural areas to bring economic benefit and to develop tours according to their goals and priorities.
We believe that our business should be a force for sustainable development in Vietnam. This commitment to corporate social responsibility relies on a management system which we designed to guide our internal policies and the relationships along our supply chain. We are the first tour operator in Vietnam to have implemented such a system, and we are proud of this accomplishment.
Our Sustainable Tourism Projects Besides striving to operate in a more sustainable business environment, we use our tours to support projects in environmentally sensitive areas and to aid local economic development. We feature here some of our most recent projects.
• Capacity building and community-based tourism projects In Moc Chau we're working alongside local people in a disadvantaged mountainous area to create a beautiful new guesthouse and train locals on managing successful tourism businesses. In Ngoc Son – Ngo Luong nature reserve we serve the Spanish NGO FPSC in a consulting role for their project of nature conservation and livelihood improvement to organize eco-tours in the Reserve.
• Awareness raising events The annual Halong Clean Up Tour. Each summer we organize a trip to Halong to remove litter and build awareness of the bay's environmental needs. The Corporate Football Charity Cup. Organized by Handspan and joined by several other businesses. It is a friendly football competition aiming at raising funds to support street kids of Hanoi.
Our Principles of Responsible Tourism • Minimize negative impacts by intensive consultation and collaboration with local communities.• Provide education on environmental and cultural issues among visitors and hosts.• Promote positive, respectful experiences for both visitors and locals. • Provide direct financial benefits for conservation and poverty reduction. • Raise sensitivity to hosts' political, environmental, and social climate. • Build partnerships with scientific researchers (ecologists, biologists, geographers, anthropologists)
Our long-term overseas travel partnersMeghan (www.bikehike.com)"Handspan is very professional to work with - both their office staff and the guides. We have worked with them since 2003 and always receive rave reviews from our travellers about their services."
Our happy campersJane Isdale, Wellington, NZ"Our bike guides went the extra mile to make sure we had a fantastic time - nothing was too much trouble for them. They adjusted our programme to make sure every member of the group was catered for."
Chu Thi Mai: Handspaner (2003-2005): Current: Sales Rep. in USA for Sisters Tours Vietnam"Handspan is strong and very professional, has a wonderful team, a great environment and very good reputation."
Home - Login - Site Map
Copyrights ® 2010 by HANDSPAN. Designed by GlobalLink Software Solutions