Sapa is the premier hill station in northern Vietnam and an incredible place for trekking lovers. This has been a crossroads for millennia for Vietnamese, Chinese, and a diverse array of minority groups, all of whom have left the stamp of their cultures. The scenery of the imposing mountains and rice terraces gives this area a great combination of nature and culture and is definitely a place for adventurers. Join us on this trip to experience a great trekking tour through village settings and learn about the fascinating cultures of the locals
Meal: not any | Accommodation: Night train - sleeper cabin (sharing)
20:30 - We depart Handspan office (78 Ma May street) to Hanoi Railway Station to catch the night train to Lao Cai (4-berth sleeper cabin with air conditioning)
Meal: breakfast, lunch | Accommodation: hotel in Sapa
Around 6:30 AM - Arrive in Lao Cai and be transferred by shuttle bus to Sapa. The bus ride uphill to Sapa takes a little over an hour giving you a glimpse of the stunning vistas and impressive rice terraces.
On arrival, you will stop by our office, meet your tour guide and leave your luggage and take a shower in our partner's hotel if you would like.
8:00 - You will enjoy a full buffet breakfast at Chau Long hotel.
9:00 - Start trekking from Sapa to Ta Phin valley. We start by through the town for about 20 minutes before turning to a dirt road to Ma Tra, a black H’mong village. The trekking route offers a breathtaking view of vegetable gardens and rice terraces with green mountains rising above. There will be time for visiting with local families and learning about their traditional fiber processing. We continue trekking to Ta Phin village of the Red Dzao, in one of the most scenic valleys in Vietnam. Here we’ll stop for a simple lunch before exploring the village.
15:00 - Return to Sapa by private vehicle to check in to your hotel. You’re free to explore the town, its market and sloping streets with all the colorful handicrafts.
With your free time, you can go up to Ham Rong peak where you will be able to experience a great view over the town of Sapa. This is a great chance for some unforgettable photos! This is only recommended for a good weather afternoon (Entrance fee is not included).
Meal: breakfast, lunch | Accommodation: not included
8:00 – pick up from your hotel, we then start trekking from Sapa town to Golden Stream valley. The trek offers some stunning views of the rice terraces, gardens and Fan Si Pan mountain range. After crossing a suspension bridge, we will hike up to Lao Chai village for lunch. After lunch, we will explore the villages of Lao Chai (Black H’mong) and Ta Van (Dzay). This trek is relatively easy, though the trail can be quite slippery if it rains, so good footwear is recommended.
After visiting a family of the village, we walk to the main road to meet up with our driver and return to Sapa town. Shower is available at our partner's hotel.
In the afternoon, you’re free to explore the town, its market and sloping streets with many colorful handicrafts.
15:30 - Meet the guide at Handspan office. A car takes you to the bus station.
16:00 - Comfortable shuttle bus departs from Sapa to Hanoi. Enjoy beautiful views driving along the Hoang Lien Son mountain range. The bus is equipped with large individual seats, A/C and wifi. There’re 2 stops on the way and dinner is at your own cost.
21:00 - Arrival in Hanoi center (Ly Thai To street). The transfer from there to your hotel is not included.
|Validity||Price per person
based on group of 2
|1 Jan - 31 Dec 2019||USD 193
[vnd 4 485 000]
[vnd 605 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Single supplement: to be applied for those who travel with others but require a single room for her/himself.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.