Ho Chi Minh City, still often called Saigon, has been a city of immigrants from its founding in the 17 century. It was once a small fishing village that has expanded to well over 2,000km2 with a population somewhere between 7 and 9 million (many residents are not registered). Recognized as a Mecca of commerce, its bustling chaos makes it easily Vietnam’s most exciting city. But it’s also a city with a chequered history and a rich culture. Its pagodas, museums, public buildings, parks and boulevards make it a magnet for visitors. Let’s look beyond the modern high-rises and see a more authentic, historic side of Ho Chi Minh City and its suburban.
Meal: vegetarian lunch | Accommodation: not included
Our guide and driver will be ready to pick us up around 8:30 in our hotel to leave Saigon and head to the amazing 200km tunnel network from which communist guerillas waged their successful campaign in the 1960s and 70s.
Upon arrival we will be introduced to the fascinating history related to the construction of the tunnels’, so that we can better enjoy afterwards our exploration of the tunnels system. The peaceful atmosphere of this area today may make you to imagine the destruction, damage & defoliation over this whole area, caused by bombing and mine. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”.
After the tunnels, we will hop on our car again for a short drive. En-route we will have the chance to stop and walk to a beautiful pagoda nearby. It’s not a normal visiting but to get involved with local Buddhists’ community. There’s a chance to understand Buddism practicing in Vietnam and also give your hands to help local monk in repairing their and your vegetarian lunch. Come back to Ho Chi Minh city on the late afternoon by the private pick – up. Trip ends at around 16.30.
|Group size||Price per person|
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.