Ky Son and Duong Lam, two of the few remaining old-style villages close to Hanoi, are known as some of the best preserved villages in terms of their ancient architecture and the unique character of their people. Let's share two unforgettable days with our local hosts and neighbors! Staying in a charming ancient house, working on the field, cooking Vietnamese specialties or learning about Vietnamese tradition are some activities that will give you a glimpse into the daily life of people by the Red River Delta.
Meals: Lunch and dinner | Accommodation: Private room at a Traditional house
8:00 AM – Pick up from hotel, we leave Hanoi and drive out of the city toward Ky Son village. This is an ancient Viet village of more than a hundred families, and most of them are farmers. Upon arrival, you will enjoy a local specialty ‘welcome drink’ before a short introduction to the house, kitchen and garden before joining the host for a home-cook lunch.
After lunch, the local host will give you a brief introduction about the village and help you to learn some basic Vietnamese words then we’ll explore the village by bicycles. The cycling route is 6 to 12 km upon your preference, with opportunities to visit at a local house, market or temple. Back to the homestay in early afternoon, and enjoy an herbal bath before dinner. The night here is the most precious moment after full afternoon activities. Enjoy the quiet night in the court yard full of candle light while the host does a Buddhism chanting for peace and good health.
Meals: Breakfast and lunch | Accommodation: not included
Wake up in the peaceful morning with fresh air, we will do a morning exercise or you will join the host for a 30 minute Taichi. We enjoy a breakfast before helping the host to prepare offerings for ancestor worship, a Vietnamese tradition to honor and show deep gratitude to their ancestor.
Take a quiet morning by yourself or you’re welcome to join with local farmers in their daily work (watering, ploughing, transplanting seedlings, and harvesting rice... depending on the harvest season).
After lunch, you can make yourself at home relaxing on the hammock in our garden, taking pictures with Vietnamese traditional cloths and chatting with people or further discovery of the Ky Son village and around. We say goodbye to the host family to drive back to Hanoi. Trip ends.
|Group Size||Price per person||Single supplement|
|2 pax||USD 255
[vnd 5920 500]
[vnd 1510 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.