For a short but intense Mekong delta experience this trip is a must! On the first day, we will get immersed into the different facets of the region. We will journey through the less travelled paths of Cai Be and enjoy a wide range of activities, mostly off the regular tourist attractions. The trip also includes a visit to the most amazing market of the Mekong delta, the Cai Rang floating market, where hundreds of boats of all sizes fill the river with agricultural goods of all kinds.
• Cruise along the rivers maze of canals for a taste of the lush and lively culture
• Visit less travelled spots like the rural gem of Cai Thia
• Spend time gently cruising through one of the Mekong’s hugest floating markets
• Sun & rain gear (brimmed hat recommended)
• Insect repellence
• Walking shoes/sandals
• Original passport(s)
Meals: lunch | Accommodation: hotel in Can Tho
8:00 – 8:15 AM – Pick up from the city center for an approximate 2.5 hour drive to our exploration area. We will leave the touristy spots behind and travel beyond, where very few visitors have the chance to go.
We will arrive at Cai Thia pier at about 10h30, where we will hit the waterways on a boat which will bring us to the village of Hoa Loc. We will cycle through the villages on the winding countryside to visit local houses en-route, with opportunities to learn about their local crafts and/or be invited for a cup of tea with some local snack.
We will later meet our boat again and ride further to a less busy area of th Mekong, where a bamboo sampan (rowning boat) will be waiting to take us deeper into the countryside of the Delta through its networks of small canals.
In the afternoon, we cruise toward Vinh Long with more stops at local workshops. 16:00 – a quick transfer from Vinh Long pier to Can Tho, where you check-in your hotel and enjoy the night in this “mega city” of the Mekong Delta.
Meals: breakfast, lunch | Accommodation: not included
6:00 AM – We have thought that you would like to see Cai Rang floating market in all its splendour. Therefore, an early start will be necessary today. Please feel free to take photographs, talk or bargain with local vendors while our boat glides slowly through the market mayhem. There are fantastic photo opportunities amidst the variety of agricultural bounty on sale here.
We’ll back to the hotel for breakfast, and then check-out at around 8:00. A quick transfer will bring us further to Phong Dien – the rustic area of Can Tho city. We will pick our bikes and then we’ll make our way to visit a blacksmith family and also a fruit orchards in Nhan Ai island. Lunch will be served at a local house.
After lunch, we will say goodbye to our hospitable hosts and drive back to Ho Chi Minh city, where we should arrive around 17.00
|Group size||Price per person||Single supplement|
|2 pax||USD 220
[vnd 5 126 000]
[vnd 410 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Single supplement: to be applied for those who travel with others but require a single room for her/himself.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.