This program takes you to a beautiful region of the Mekong delta, where very few other travellers go. Do not ask us why it remains a mystery, but rather trust us and embark on a wonderful journey in a rural pristine atmosphere. We will meet locals, ride along the arroyos on traditional sampan, cross beautiful gardens on bicycle and spend the night in a charming lodge nestled on the quiet Tan Phong island.
• Sun & rain gear (brimmed hat recommended)
• Insect repellence
• Walking shoes/sandals
• Original passport(s)
Meal: lunch, dinner | Accommodation: Mekong eco-lodge - bungalow
8:00 ~ 8:15 – pick up from city center and make our way through Saigon traffic. We exit the bustling metropolis and enter the Mekong delta and its rural sceneries. At about 9.30am, we reach Cai Lay town – a laidback town of Tien Giang province.
A quick transfer by boat takes us to our cycling playground. It is a narrow lane of about 12 km going along waterways and traditional houses. Many “hellos” on the way, some stops for pictures, at crafting and rice processing workshops; and to visit a family, chat chit with the local host and maybe help him with some fish catching using the traditional “vo ca”.
We then get back on the waters of the mighty River and cruise at easy pace along the rice fields until we reach a local home at about 1pm to enjoy a home-made lunch. Follow a digestive stroll around and the visit of carpenters in their workshop.
In the mid-afternoon, we drive South to Cai Be district and hop on a local ferry to transfer to Tan Phong island. Check-in your bungalow, refresh, make yourself comfortable and be ready for a cooking class. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Meal: lunch | Accommodation: not included
After a good night and a greedy breakfast, we hop on a boat to go explore the area around the island. We may see some cultural remnants of the Cai Be floating market. Now goods are rather transported by road and only few merchants’ boats left in most of the used-to-be floating markets of the region. But the boat ride is nice and the locals are friendly.
We get back to the island and keep our little exploration going, on bicycle this time. After lunch, it is time to say farewell to our hosts and head back to Saigon. We have a last stop on the way to visit the Cao Dai temple and learn a bit more about this mysterious religion. Arrival expected at your hotel about 5.30 pm.
|Group size||Price per person|
|2 pax||USD 215
[vnd 4 987 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.