A journey from one World Heritage Site to another, but whereas most visitors speed up to link both destinations, we will be enjoying a memorable ride through the most spectacular coastal road in the country.
We will get started with our cycling rout by a quick visit to a picturesque village in Hue’s countryside and continue our journey to Lang Co lagoon before climbing over the Hai Van Pass (aka the Pass “where the Sea meets the Clouds”), having plenty of opportunities to stop at rustic fishing villages to meet the locals and capture amazing images of this sublime scenery. Enjoy the ride!
Note: Cycling route advisable for travelers with average fitness (epic and demanding, but not exhausting!), although the trekking at the Hai Van Pass can be challenging.
Meals: lunch | Accommodation: not included
We will meet our guide in the morning in our hotel in Hue for our drive towards the coast, till the point where we will start cycling.
Our first 40 km will be pretty much off the beaten track, through a picturesque lane from Thuan An beach to Vinh Loc shaded by coconut palms along the peninsula. Upon reaching the end of the peninsula, we will have two choices: The brave bike riders will keep on cycling through one of Vietnam’s busiest roads, and the ones who don’t fancy this idea much will be transferred by car to the point where we will start trekking throughout 3 different hills.
After the first two moderate climbs (around 6 km in total), we will take a break to relax, sunbathe, and jump into the azure waters of Lang Co beach. A tasty seafood lunch should help us to refill our batteries before we head to the stunning Hai Van Pass. We will leave the tunnel and its noxious gasses for the commercial traffic, in favour of the quiet 11-km mountain road that we will take, whose gradient is manageable and whose views are simply breathtaking!
After descending the pass, our cycling route will arrive to the end and we will be transferred by car for the rest of the journey to Hoi An Ancient Town, a fantastically preserved historic old port and trading post where our journey ends.
Price per person
|2 pax||USD 120
[vnd 2 790 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.