Hue is way underestimated by travelers and tourism actors in Vietnam. Numerous are the people seeing in this World Heritage city only some ancient stones, and nothing further. They are unfortunately missing the real essence of Hue and that is precisely what we don’t want you to miss.
Join us for this trip and build up some fantastic memories of this multi-faceted city. We will dive into the past feudality of Vietnam, meet a pioneer bamboo artist, cycle in an ancient village where the descendants of the Mandarins live and taste the refined imperial cuisine.
• Sun & rain gear.
• Clothes long enough to cover your shoulders and knees.
• Walking shoes/sandals
Meals: lunch | Accommodation: not included
Our guide will meet us in our hotel at 8:00 am to travel back in time with our visit to Hue’s citadel; a great introduction to Vietnam’s History, the Imperial times, the Mandarin culture and the former feudal system.
Afterwards we will visit an artist who has reinvented the tradition of working with bamboo to produce paper using quite innovative techniques. We will be introduced to his art at his workshop and then enjoy an easy paced visit to the Thien Mu pagoda, one of the most beautiful religious buildings in Vietnam, built in early 1600’s.
We will cross later the Perfume River on a local boat and reach Thuy Bieu village to have lunch at a local house. The village is a real maze of narrow alleys that will lead us to beautiful ancient houses with impressive gardens. However, the real treasure of Thuy Bieu village is its people, descendants of the Mandarins. We will enjoy a gentle walk around and stop by at different places where we will be able to meet the villagers and taste some of their fruits.
On our way back to the city center, we will visit emperor Tu Duc’s tomb and climb a little hill so that we can get a scenic view over the Perfume River before returning to our hotel.
If you are keen on cycling, it would also be possible to do the whole trip by bike. Just inform your Handspan travel consultant about your preferences!
Price per person
|2 pax||USD 65
[vnd 1 510 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program. Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.