Lying in the southwest corner of Ha Long Bay is Cat Ba, a large ‘karst’ limestone island full of small mountains covered in verdant forest. Part of the island is a National Park, rich in flora and fauna including one of the most endangered species of monkey in the world. Grab your paddle/put on your hiking shoes, we take you on an picturesque exploration of kayaking right in heart of a protected marine reserve and hiking on a eco-friendly trail in a hidden valley. Give yourself a chance to experience something totally unique, be hosted by locals and feel like a pioneer.
Meals: lunch, dinner | Accommodation: Cat Ba homestay
7:30 ~ 8:00 AM – public bus pick up from your hotel and head to Cat Ba Island. The transfer takes around 3.5 hours including a short connecting by a local ferry.
Around 11:30 – landing in Cat Ba Island, we have a private car transfer directly to Beo pier, in a good time to embark a traditional wooden boat and start the navigation across Lan Ha bay.
Lunch is served on board with fresh seafood (vegetarian cater for). And our afternoon is dedicated to an exploration of the bay with our kayaks. The rhythm is yours, we keep the program flexible. Sandy beaches, swimming spots, kayaking ventures, floating farms, it will all be your choice.
We back to the boat pier before sunset and have a quick transfer to Cat Ba homestay. Time is for your refreshment before dinner. Your evening will be at leisure, have some chit chat with our host or there’s a local bar nearby (10-minutes walking).
Located 3-km from the town center, Cat Ba homestay is a 160-years-old traditional architecture setting up in beautiful garden. The house is divided into 7 chambers inside with no barrier between those different rooms so it is very open and airy. The central room is fixed for an ancestor altar, also flanked by sleeping areas and living areas for the whole family. You’ll be provided with single/double bed with proper mattress, blanket and mosquito net. A shared-restroom is next door and at international standard.
Meals: breakfast, lunch | Accommodation: not included
8.30 – after breakfast, you’ll picked up by local motorbikes and head to Lien Minh valley. The scenic motorbike ride along winding coastline takes around 15 minutes; you’ll then find yourself in the hidden Lien Minh village. Meet up with your local guide, and start your venture on the valley’s trails. You’ll hit numerous summits, revealing stunning views of the valley below. The trek is at intermediate level so prepared yourself with good trekking shoes.
After around 3-hours, we back to the starting point for lunch with local products. Take a rest before our motor-drivers bring you back to Cat Ba homestay.
13.30 – Make our way back to Hanoi, again by public bus and local ferry. You’re supposed to arrive in the city center at 17.30. End of our services.
1. Please note the transfer from bus stop to your hotel (if any) is not included.
2. Your transfer from and back to Hanoi will be by public bus which is in basic but acceptable condition. To maximize your comfort, private car is available with a surcharge
|Group size||Price per person|
|2 pax||USD 167
[vnd 3724 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.