Ba Be conjures images of lush forests, sparkling deep lakes resplendent with glimmering fish, mysterious caves and the cloud-capped limestone mountains standing as royal guardians to a hidden natural kingdom. This trip takes you deep into Ba Be National Park. With simplicity and humility, let’s meet the Queen of this kingdom and her extremely hospitable subjects who are eager to share their natural and cultural heritage.
Meals: lunch and dinner | Accommodation: Pac Ngoi village - Traditional house-on-silts
7:00 am: Pick up from your hotel by shuttle bus. We exit Hanoi on a highway and get on nicer winding roads after Thai Nguyen town. The sceneries get more and more beautiful as we dive into a remote region of the national park’s buffer zone.
We should enter the national park in the mid-afternoon. Our vehicle drops us at the home of our hosts in a small hamlet that nicely developed in tourism and hospitality. People there are from the Tay ethnic minority, very hospitable and warm-hearted.
We meet the family and let our luggage, time for a little leg-stretching. Follow the guide on a stroll around the hamlet. Interact with the villagers; get a drink or an ice cream in a local shop and/or go to refresh in the river passing by in front of the house. Dinner and overnight at a traditional house of a Tay family.
Your accommodation is provided by a local family in their traditional house-on-silts. Your sleeping corner is provided a single mattress (thin, but adequate), blankets (ditto), pillow and mosquito net. The restroom is at international standard and a few steps from the main house.
Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner | Accommodation: Pac Ngoi village - traditional house-on-silts
After a greedy breakfast, we’ll take a light walk to the main wharfs of the lake for a venture on the biggest natural lake of Vietnam. We journey across it from South to North seizing the natural splendor of the spot. At the Northern edge, we veer off on the Gam River and slide it up to the remote jungle village of Dau Dang. We should be there by lunchtime, warmly welcomed at the house of Mr Hien and Mrs Thom, owners of the regionally recognized “best restaurant” of the province.
After lunch and probably few shots of corn liquor, we get back on the boat and slide down the river all the way to Puong cave. We pass across and follow gently the current to the point where we can meet a road again for a walk back to Pac Ngoi village.
Meals: breakfast and lunch | Accommodation: not included
Easy morning, if you wake up early enough, we will have time to stroll around a last time before an early lunch is served.
13.00 - we exit the park, farewell to the lake and head back to Hanoi. Trip ends at around 18.00 in Hanoi.
|Validity||Price per person
based on group of 2
|1 Jan - 31 Dec 2019||USD 176
[vnd 4 100 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.