Pu Luong nature reserve is all about nature and deeply rooted ethnic cultures. This trip offers a wide array of natural sceneries: jungle, terraced rice fields, forested limestone mountain, rivers, cascades and natural pools. It is beautiful and the local hospitality from Thai people is recognized throughout the country. Get ready for an unforgettable trip. And because we are some kind of perfectionists, we will harmoniously balance the rhythm of the tour with a stage in Mai Chau valley.
Meals: lunch, dinner | Accommodation: Village stay at a traditional house -on-silts
8:00 AM – pick up from your hotel. On the morning drive to Mai Chau, we'll leave the city behind and pass through craggy, mountainous landscape. We drive up a massive pass and end in the mountainous circus of Mai Chau around noon time. Lunch will be served in a local Thai house.
In the afternoon, we’ll have a small walk around Mai Chau valley before getting a quick transfer to a small remote village of Mai Hich. Weather permits there’s a chance for a small cycling around the green village. Afterwards, we return for dinner and overnight in the stilt house with our friendly Thai hosts.
Your overnight accommodation is provided by a local family in their traditional house-on-silts. There’s no private room and you’ll sleep on the floor in a large communal area. The sleeping corner is set up with a single mattress (thin, but adequate), blankets (ditto), pillow and mosquito net. The restroom is at international standard and a few steps from the main house.
Meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner | Accommodation: Village stay at a traditional house -on-silts
We leave our hosts after breakfast and drive East for about 15 km before entering the Pu Luong nature reserve. You’ll then get down the car for 2-hours trekking on single trail through Thai villages and rice terrace, with opportunity to take a break at local houses en-route.
Meet your car again for a quick transfer to our lunch stop at a small lodge. In the afternoon, we step into the wild with an awesome hike on trails across the second half of the reserve to reach its Western edge. The hike is not too hard and lasts 3 to 4 hours. It makes it an intermediate level trek. Plan to bring along good shoes and batteries for your camera.
After a demanding afternoon, we get to Ban Hieu village, check-in a local house and go for a refreshing swim in the cascades and natural pools nearby. Homemade dinner before a well deserved time for rest.
Meals: breakfast, lunch | Accommodation: not included
Easy morning, depending on the season and your preference, you can stay at the lodge and relax, go for a walk to a waterfall nearby. It is pretty easy, accessible to most of people and offers a unique experience in North Vietnam.
We have an early lunch at the lodge and then walk for about an hour and half to the road where our car can access. We drive back to Hanoi on the Ho Chi Minh road and should be there around 18:00.
|Validity||Price per person
based on group of 2
|1 Ene - 31 Dec 2019||USD 247
[vnd 5 733 000]
* Fixed prices in USD. Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation.
* Prices valid till 31 December 2019 for the ready-to-book adventure outlined on this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our production team and that includes the best of the destination (highlights and some lesser known assets as well!). Our travel consultants will also be glad to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and travel-style.
* Would you like to adapt the itinerary, accommodation, length of the trip or any activity as per your needs and preferences? Then just forward us your comments at email@example.com.
* Special prices for groups of more than 2 people, children and the possibility to connect the tour with other stages of your trip around Indochina by contacting us.
* A private trip for a solo traveller is also available with a surcharge.